Activity is ramping up for campus planning, and there are lots of new updates you should be aware of.
College Marketing Notes:
We now have the ability to target the parents of college students nationwide with opt-in email. Email campaigns for parents will be handled the same way as our student email programs, so request a fresh count today.
- QR codes are all the rage. If you haven’t experimented with QR codes yet, now is the time. We can help you generate QR codes and consult with you on how to use them in your college marketing this fall. There’s no charge. Just call us, and we’ll be happy to share what we know.
- College football will be hot! If your client or brand would tie in well with college football, then let us know. We can kick off your project with special football issues in campus newspapers, tailgating promotions, alumni email blasts and local bar/restaurant promotions before and after games.
- We recently partnered with YOUniversityTV to offer online video advertising that reaches millions of high school teens and community college students. If you haven’t seen this yet, check it out here. It’s new, it’s cool, and we’re the ones to talk to if you want to start a program.
- Go Greek! It’s no secret that those in a fraternity or sorority have enormous influence on campus. If you want to reach this group, we have postal lists available for thousands of Greek houses across the country. We can help with custom sampling, mailings, door hangers, event sponsorship, and more.
- Know of a nonprofit in need? We are now taking applications for our annual College Newspaper PSA Program. This program gets one lucky organization exposure in hundreds of campus newspapers across the U.S. for the entire school year. The deadline is August 30, so help us spread the word.
Need other ideas for reaching college students this fall? We have a media kit full of ideas to get the creative juices flowing. Request one today.
Campus Media Group is seeking a summer intern interested in gaining marketing and design experience with a national college marketing agency. Students interested in gaining experience in marketing, web and print design, and the college marketing industry should apply.
- Design and update marketing collateral to promote Campus Media’s products and services
- Assist the sales team with client projects, print production, and presentation design
- Work with Director of Marketing on website design and development projects
- Assist with online marketing and advertising efforts including the company blog and other social media channels
- Assist with projects relating to online video creation and editing
Skills and Education Requirements:
Applicants should be in college or have a college degree. A passion for sports, music, entertainment, or other youth trends is a strong plus.
Applicant should be proficient with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Any experience with Dreamweaver, web design/programming, or digital video editing is also desired.
Interns will work about 20 hrs per week during regular business hours. Internship runs from June 1st through the start of Fall semester.
Compensation – $10 per hour
Please email a web link to your portfolio or email PDF work samples with your resume to jason[at]campusmediagroup.com
Application Deadline – 5/20/11
Campus Media will contact individuals selected for interviews. Unfortunately, we cannot accept phone calls regarding internships.
The latest viral marketing campaign for Skittles, albeit unsettling, hits the spot. We’d give it two thumbs up if we weren’t currently vigorously washing our hands in an attempt to get rid of the ‘heebie jeebies’ it gave us.
Since this vid hit the web three days ago it’s reached nearly a million views. The question is…are you craving skittles now?
- BBDO puts Skittles videos at your fingertips (adweek.blogs.com)
- Skittles Faux Interactive Cat Ad Goes Viral [VIDEO] (mashable.com)