The 12-fan Wall of Wind (WOW) at FIU is the largest and most powerful university research facility of its kind and is capable of simulating a Category 5 hurricane — the highest rating on the Saffir-Simspon Hurricane Wind Scale.
The 12-fan Wall of Wind, is powered by electric fan-motor units and controlled by two variable frequency drives. The Wall of Wind was funded with a combination of private and public funding and came at a cost of approximately $8 million.
Minnesota-based college marketing agency Campus Media Group is pleased to announce a partnership with DoSomething.org for their “Give A Spit About Cancer” campaign.
Through this partnership, Campus Media Group will provide PSA placement services in hundreds of college newspapers across the U.S. as part of its annual StudentRoar PSA program. The goal this year is to mobilize college students to run bone marrow donor registration drives on their campuses. College students are the most in-demand donors on the registry. The 2012 program aims to launch drives on college campuses around the country and sign up new donors.
There’s a real need for registered bone marrow donors in the U.S.
• Leukemia kills more children every year than any other disease.
• Only 30% of patients in need of a bone marrow can find a match within their family. The other 70% rely on complete strangers.
• 60% of patients never receive the donations they need.
The StudentRoar program aims to “Do Something” about it
• Donors ages 18-24 are in the highest demand. Donations are the most successful when the donor falls within this age range.
• All it takes to sign up for the bone marrow donor registry, and potentially save a life, is a cheek swab.
“College students need a concrete action they can take that doesn’t require donating money or fundraising. Giving a spit about cancer is simple, free, and potentially life-saving. By running a bone marrow drive, college students are able to gain leadership experience and get other students involved in making a difference,” said Campus Media’s Director of Marketing, Jason Bakker.
To participate in ‘Give a Spit about Cancer,’ or for more information on starting a campus bone marrow donor registry drive, please visit www.DoSomething.org/spit, or text “SPIT” to 38383.
If your student publication would like to donate advertising space to this organization to help it spread the word, please contact Campus Media Group at 952-698-7367.
Campus Media Group is accepting applications for the 2012/2013 College Newspaper PSA Program now called “Student Roar.”
Every year, Campus Media picks one deserving nonprofit organization and works to have that organization’s PSA ad placed in some of the nation’s top college and university newspapers free of charge. Hundreds of college newspapers throughout the United States participate each year, donating thousands of dollars in free advertising space.
Campus Media Group is a college marketing agency that represents more than 1,800 college newspapers nationally. Its experience placing ads for today’s top brands has given Campus Media the ability to work with university newspapers to secure donated media space.
In previous years, Campus Media has worked to build awareness for organizations such as: Inspire USA, The Campus Kitchens Project, the National Council on Problem Gambling, and the National Students of AMF.
Anastasia Goodstein of the Inspire USA Foundation, says, “Being chosen for the College Newspaper PSA program was wonderful for ReachOut.com. Our ads ran in hundreds of newspapers across the country driving traffic to our site, which offered resources and inspirational real stories from college students who have made it through a tough time. Working with Campus Media Group was a breeze and a pleasure. I highly recommend any non-profit organization trying to reach college students to apply for this program.”
This program is open to nonprofit organizations in the U.S. Those organizations looking for national exposure to a college audience about a cause that will resonate with students are encouraged to apply.
For more information on Campus Media or to obtain more information about the Student Roar College Newspaper PSA Program, please visit www.StudentRoar.com and apply online. Applications must be received by August 30, 2011.
Location: Bloomington, MN, USA
TITLE: Advertising Account Manager
DEPARTMENT: Account Management
REPORTS TO: Account Supervisor
DEADLINE: Send resume, salary requirements and references to email@example.com by June 30th.
To work as a business liaison between the agency and the client in managing the day-to-day account requirements. This person will work directly with the agency team (Account Development, Marketing, Design, and vendors) to ensure an efficient, college media campaign to the client’s needs. The position will receive general supervision and will be required to work independently in executing effective business solutions to marketing and communications challenges.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Quote Preparation
- Create quote spreadsheets for multiple media channels and clients
- Work with external vendors to compile and calculate advertising costs
- Create schedules for campaign and media planning
- Campaign Set-Up
- Send client specs for productions, as needed
- Determine creative/production deadlines
- Reconfirm quoted costs with vendor costs and request/sign contracts from vendors
- Set up internal database for campaign execution
- Traffic materials and info as needed to vendors
- Communication with vendors throughout campaign, including: campaign authorization, issue resolution and invoicing
- Communication with client throughout campaign to include: status reports, issue resolution, invoicing, campaign feedback
- Perform other essential duties as assigned from time to time to meet the changing needs of Campus Media Group.
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing, Communications, Business, or similar area of study or equivalent experience.
- Two to five years of agency experience or related marketing and communications experience on the client side.
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Can develop a proactive, friendly, trusted rapport with client and agency personnel.
- Has proficient computer usage for everyday tasks, Excel, PowerPoint and others. FileMaker Pro experience is a plus.
- Work experience with advertising, media buying/planning, digital media, and/or events is a plus
- Has outgoing personality and strong desire to learn
- Organize and manage numerous, multifaceted projects and programs.
- Quickly learn new businesses and markets and to develop a thorough understanding of them.
- Make confident, clear, and persuasive presentations, in writing, in person and over the phone.
- Manage day-to-day account service duties without general supervision; to represent the agency without any supervision at times.
- Handle details involving media pricing and media specifications with accuracy.
- Be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Act decisively and wisely to business and client needs.
- Work effectively with agency personnel and provide back-up assistance to account team as needed.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Entrepreneurial ability to expand an existing business.
- Portray a service-driven and client-focused attitude.
- Ability to be organized, thorough, detailed, and produce high quality work.