Location: Bloomington, MN, USA
TITLE: Advertising Account Manager
DEPARTMENT: Account Management
REPORTS TO: Account Supervisor
DEADLINE: Send resume, salary requirements and references to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30th.
To work as a business liaison between the agency and the client in managing the day-to-day account requirements. This person will work directly with the agency team (Account Development, Marketing, Design, and vendors) to ensure an efficient, college media campaign to the client’s needs. The position will receive general supervision and will be required to work independently in executing effective business solutions to marketing and communications challenges.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Quote Preparation
- Create quote spreadsheets for multiple media channels and clients
- Work with external vendors to compile and calculate advertising costs
- Create schedules for campaign and media planning
- Campaign Set-Up
- Send client specs for productions, as needed
- Determine creative/production deadlines
- Reconfirm quoted costs with vendor costs and request/sign contracts from vendors
- Set up internal database for campaign execution
- Traffic materials and info as needed to vendors
- Communication with vendors throughout campaign, including: campaign authorization, issue resolution and invoicing
- Communication with client throughout campaign to include: status reports, issue resolution, invoicing, campaign feedback
- Perform other essential duties as assigned from time to time to meet the changing needs of Campus Media Group.
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing, Communications, Business, or similar area of study or equivalent experience.
- Two to five years of agency experience or related marketing and communications experience on the client side.
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Can develop a proactive, friendly, trusted rapport with client and agency personnel.
- Has proficient computer usage for everyday tasks, Excel, PowerPoint and others. FileMaker Pro experience is a plus.
- Work experience with advertising, media buying/planning, digital media, and/or events is a plus
- Has outgoing personality and strong desire to learn
- Organize and manage numerous, multifaceted projects and programs.
- Quickly learn new businesses and markets and to develop a thorough understanding of them.
- Make confident, clear, and persuasive presentations, in writing, in person and over the phone.
- Manage day-to-day account service duties without general supervision; to represent the agency without any supervision at times.
- Handle details involving media pricing and media specifications with accuracy.
- Be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Act decisively and wisely to business and client needs.
- Work effectively with agency personnel and provide back-up assistance to account team as needed.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Entrepreneurial ability to expand an existing business.
- Portray a service-driven and client-focused attitude.
- Ability to be organized, thorough, detailed, and produce high quality work.