Minnesota-based college marketing agency Campus Media Group is pleased to announce a partnership with DoSomething.org for their “Give A Spit About Cancer” campaign.
Through this partnership, Campus Media Group will provide PSA placement services in hundreds of college newspapers across the U.S. as part of its annual StudentRoar PSA program. The goal this year is to mobilize college students to run bone marrow donor registration drives on their campuses. College students are the most in-demand donors on the registry. The 2012 program aims to launch drives on college campuses around the country and sign up new donors.
There’s a real need for registered bone marrow donors in the U.S.
• Leukemia kills more children every year than any other disease.
• Only 30% of patients in need of a bone marrow can find a match within their family. The other 70% rely on complete strangers.
• 60% of patients never receive the donations they need.
The StudentRoar program aims to “Do Something” about it
• Donors ages 18-24 are in the highest demand. Donations are the most successful when the donor falls within this age range.
• All it takes to sign up for the bone marrow donor registry, and potentially save a life, is a cheek swab.
“College students need a concrete action they can take that doesn’t require donating money or fundraising. Giving a spit about cancer is simple, free, and potentially life-saving. By running a bone marrow drive, college students are able to gain leadership experience and get other students involved in making a difference,” said Campus Media’s Director of Marketing, Jason Bakker.
To participate in ‘Give a Spit about Cancer,’ or for more information on starting a campus bone marrow donor registry drive, please visit www.DoSomething.org/spit, or text “SPIT” to 38383.
If your student publication would like to donate advertising space to this organization to help it spread the word, please contact Campus Media Group at 952-698-7367.