Campus Media is now accepting applications for a part-time Newspaper Advertising Coordinator. Those interested should apply by emailing a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Jan 15. 2010.
Newspaper Coordinator – 20 hours/week – $12/hour
- Contact college newspapers to collect and verify information
- Database entry of incoming newspaper information including advertising rates, specs, and publishing schedules
- Assist Account team with special requests and projects as needed
- Contact college publications nationwide to gather publication information and confirm order reservations
- Handle day-to-day processes and communications regarding college newspaper advertising for current campaigns
- Manage incoming tearsheets for proof of performance and prepare for delivery to clients
- Organize and file newspapers, tearsheets, POI’s and invoices
- Work with campus publications to reconcile discrepancies with tearsheets and orders
- College graduate with either a degree in Advertising, Marketing, PR, Communications, or other related field
- Strong computer skills, specifically with Excel. Any experience with Filemaker Pro databases is a plus.
- Must have some knowledge of advertising / printed media concepts and terminology
- Applicant must have exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills with acute attention to detail
- Applicant must be comfortable and effective in communicating verbally on the phone and email
- Experience in the newspaper/magazine industry, or media buying is a plus
- One to two years post college work experience preferred in a related field or industry
Applicants can expect a friendly and casual workplace with standard business hours. You will learn a lot about college marketing, newspaper advertising, and campus specific media from a national perspective.